El Escorial, 10-15 May 2015
The purpose of the Workshop is to promote international collaboration and exchange of ideas in the field of vortex physics. This time the workshop will take place in El Escorial, in the premises of the Centro Maria Cristina. Local organizers belong to the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and the Universidad Complutense in Madrid.
- Vortex pinning and phase diagrams; single and multicomponent superconductors
- Vortex dynamics: Dynamic phase diagram and single vortex motion
- Materials for applications: tapes and wires
- Vortex imaging in real and reciprocal space: Scanning microscopies, neutron and muon scattering
- 2D Vortex lattices
- Devices for high frequency radiation and detection. SQUIDs and junctions
- Materials: pnictides, cuprates, heavy fermions, chalcogenides, etc.
- Irradiation and nanostructuring for vortex pinning
- Magnetic skyrmions: Lattices and dynamics
- 2D films and layered materials. Superconductor to insulator transitions. Electric field induced superconductivity.
- Vortices in topological and in strongly correlated electron superconductors
- Vortices in superconducting/ferromagnetic hybrids
- Thermal and disorder induced transitions
You can download the Abstract Book here.
Workshop starts May 11th morning.
Abstract submission extended to 27th February 2015.
Notification of abstract acceptance, 25 February 2015.
Reduced registration deadline, 13th March 2015.
Regular registration deadline, 10th April 2015.
Sponsors & Supporters
Universidad Autonoma de MadridVortex2015
Campus Excelencia UAM+CSICVortex2015
Universidad Complutense MadridVortex2015
Instituto Nicolas CabreraVortex2015
National Science FoundationVortex2015
Lake Shore CryotronicsVortex2015
2013 Nanjing, China, May 21st-28th
2011 Chicago, USA, July 31st – August 5th
2009 Lake Yamanaka, Japan, September 12nd – 16th
2006 Wroclaw, Poland, July 3rd – 8th
2005 Mumbai, India, January 9th – 14th
2003 Ile d’Oleron, France, June 23rd – 27th
2001 Bariloche, Argentina, November 27th – December 2nd
2000 Lunteren, the Netherlands, August 28th – September 1st
1999 Stanford University, CA, USA, June 19th-25th
1998 Hachimantai, Japan, June 18th – 24th
1997 Monte Verita, Switzerland, June 17th – 23rd
1996 Shoresh, Israel, June 23rd – 30th
1995 Lake Forest, IL, USA, June 22nd – 28th
1994 Palaiseau, France, June 26th – July 1st